I was really struggling, in part due to recent depression, with completing tasks/chores at home. It's only me at home right now and I lacked the motivation to fight the depression at home after fighting it to get to and through work. A friend suggested doing a challenge with me and I figured it couldn't hurt.
Each day for a week, she and I and another friend agreed on a set of household tasks that needed to be completed that day. If we succeeded each day, we'd get together and celebrate.
It worked! I accomplished so much that week. Since then, I've found success through simply sending my list to the second friend each day and she is doing the same. I feel some accountability this way and am more productive at home.
This increased productivity has also improved my mood and is assisting in overcoming the depression. I'm very blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment