Sunday, July 21, 2013

CHANGE - to be Feared or Friended

I'm in a situation right now that is somewhat unique to me. In the past, Change has often been thrust upon me by the choices of others. Right now, I am facing a Change that I have worked really hard to bring about. Yet, I found myself filled with the same fear and anxiety over this Change as I have previous Changes.

As I worked to replace my fear with faith, I pondered the cause of the fear. Sure, there were reasons/excuses for it. However, in all honesty, the fear stemmed simply from preconditioning. Recognizing this, I became determined to overcome that preconditioning.

I've heard it said that Change is one of the few things we can count on in this life. Perhaps because Death and Taxes are the other things spoken of as being unavoidable, our society in general seems to view Change as a negative thing.

I thought briefly of the Changes that have occurred, that were thrust upon me, in the last four years and, in truth, I am grateful for where those Changes have led me. With this in mind, I've decided that it's time for me to embrace Change as a friend.

Change has been a blessing in my life. Change has helped me become who I am today and I really do like myself. True Change is challenging. Change helps us to grow and to gain the experience required to become our best selves especially when we allow Christ to be our guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment