Sunday, January 31, 2010

Challenges

This week has brought and continued several challenges. I received notice at work that my job is ending due to lack of funds. I have two more weeks there. I was encouraged to watch for openings there in the future. So, I'm job hunting again.
I received the paperwork on the CPS investigation and have started filling it out. I am requesting an administrative hearing because I know they did NOT do a thorough investigation, and I'm NOT okay with the potential long term effects of their "findings."
I received a response from the ex's sister to the Protective Order I filed against her. Basically, she is accusing me of harrassing them, of selling stuff secretly, and of lying about her voice message is September, among other things. Unfortunately for her, there is a police report about her message, and she will be hard pressed to prove I'm harrassing them since I'm not. I simply want them to leave me alone.
Anna told me that she told her therapist some things that will likely make things more challenging to me in my efforts to help her heal and to protect her from futher harm. I really hope her therapist will help us over come the misunderstanding that Anna has about my ability to read her mind.
Sunday School today was challenging. We were discussing the correlation between Cain and Abel. As the instructor added things to Abel's list and the opposite to Cain's list, I kept seeing parallels in my own life, inparticular, with the ex and myself. I haven't wanted to think of him as evil, but today I was brought face to face with the relization that, in a very reall way, he made choices very similar to those that Cain made. I am grateful to be able to say that my choices have been more similar to Abel's and I plan to continue with those types of choices.
On a more positive note, the Lord has continued to bless me. I took an exam for my Economics class and scored 79.5%. I'm pretty pleased. My car continues to run for me and I have made significant progress on the assignments due in my classes next weekend. I do truly enjoy my classes. I am grateful that I was able to enjoy a good visit with Anna. We were able to talk about some serious subjects without getting upset or shutting down. I am grateful for all the prayers said in our behalf. Please, include us in your fasts next week. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment