Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's been a month.

It's been a month since my last post. It's been six months since the day my life was turned upside down. I'm still dealing with several challenges dues to the poor (to say the least) choices of someone I trusted. I'm grateful to be nearly completely free from him and his family of origin. I'm very grateful for the love and support that as been poored out upon Anna and I.

Bella decided it was time for me to get new glasses this week. She told me this by eating my old ones. So, after nearly four and a half years, I bit the bullet, so to speak, and got my eyes checked. I do have a new prescription which I had filled at Eyeglass World where I was able to get two pairs of glasses for the price of one. This way, if Bella ever manages to get ahold of my glasses again, I will have a spare pair.

My glasses are going well and I am pleased with the grades that I'm getting.

I happened to find some really nice sheets on a really good sale this week. I purchased one set and intend to go back and get another set. This way I can get rid of the ones that remind me of someone I'd rather forget. I chose to embrass my singleness and bought plum colored sheets. I truly am glad I did. It's nice not having to worry about whether someone else will like the color I chose.

I donated blood for the first time in thirteen years on Friday. Thirteen years ago, I vomited before they had even finished drawing the blood and then spent at least thirty minutes passed out. Friday, I did donate the contents of my stomach as well as a pint of blood, but they were able to finish drawing the blood first and I didn't pass out. Mom reminded me that I passed out when I lost my first tooth. I'll see how I feel about trying again when the next blood drive comes along.

It snowed all day and all night yesterday. I had to shovel a foot of snow before I could get my car out of the driveway today. Doing so left me feeling weak and woozy again.

I sang a special musical number in Relief Society this morning and had the priviledge of singing a solo during the choir number in Sacrament Meeting. I'm very grateful for the opportunities I've had recently to share this talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment